SF Mecca Immersion 2009!
A ‘retreat’ into the heart and soul of the SF Tribal Fusion bellydance scene, subculture, music, aesthetic.
Thank you all for helping to make last year’s event so darn magical.
We had so much fun, that we’re doing it again!
This year includes new updates, larger show, more hours of study, and an extra day added to the intermediate/advanced track.
Hope you can join us!
EXTRA DAY ADDED!
3- or 6-day options!
THE BIGGEST NAMES IN DANCE. THE BIGGEST SHOW OF THE YEAR.
Tickets start at just $25 and a limited number of VIP tickets,
complete with dinner and preferred seating, are available now!
Click here to learn more and reserve your space now.
Come immerse yourself in the music, culture, aesthetic, and scene that is shaping the tribal fusion bellydance
explosion worldwide! Experience where it all began. Plant your feet on the vibrant pulse of the bohemian
bellydance underworld of San Francisco. See and feel how it inspires YOU!
This is not a festival, per se. This is an intensive, or immersion rather--An intimate group where you will get individual
attention, top-notch dance training, and a rich community experience over extended days together.
Choose from 3 or 6 incredible days of dance technique and training from some of the pioneers of the tribal fusion genre.
Immerse in Yoga, Belly dance, Musicality, Dance Therapeutics, and advanced concepts such as: Movement invention
and choreography, theatricality and performance, and working labs focusing on creative process and developing
your own unique style. Meet the musicians too! Music is what shapes a culture, and San Francisco is home to
some of the hottest musical talent shaping the evolution of tribal fusion bellydance today! We are excited to
have them on board for the weekend!
Featuring during the week:
An afternoon of exclusive vending from some of the Bay area’s hottest designers--who are creating the styles and artistry shaping the tribal fusion aesthetic.
the SF MECCA Revue Saturday Night Showcase
A performance night featuring the crème de la crème of tribal fusion belly dance with a side dish of hometown spice. Some of the world’s hottest talent in both the belly dance genre and beyond!
And: the SF MECCA Decompression
The festivities continue with our Sunday night decompression at one of our favorite local hot spots: Amnesia Bar, in the heart of the hip and funky mission district of SF.
New updates from Last Year:
- Extra Day added in Intermediate/Advanced Track
- Longer sessions in intermediate/advanced track for deeper immersion and more extensive learning.
- New teachers in the mix, with intention to feature various voices and expertise of this vibrant, diverse SF Tribal scene.
- Same commitment to quality learning, community spirit, offering an authentic SF experience, and co-creating “Tribe.”
- Deeper holistic/eco-friendly focus:
The SF Bay area is at the forefront of the sustainability movement and organic, green living embodiment. As a grass roots project born out of this community and it’s values, the SF Mecca Immersion strives to be a model for how we can integrate it all, and be both fabulous and skilled tribal fusion belly dancers and performers while making conscious healthy choices in our lives---for ourselves, our communities, our costuming, our dance troupes, and our Earth. SF Mecca is committed to greening our business practices, and incorporating a more holistic focus in our 2009 event. Including:
- Healthy, organic, high vibration snacks/food vendors at weekend workshops
- Eco-friendly designers, ‘sexy’ sustainability, and socially responsible fashion represented at the SF Mecca Bazaar, featuring some of the pioneers of eco-fashion, holistic health, and organic living.
- Re-using and recycling our classroom and production materials.
- In honor of our commitment to go green, please bring your own re-useable water bottle, your own pen, journal, and coffee/tea travel mug for use during your stay in SF.